I know we are in the middle of summer and some have yet to leave on vacation. Being a semi frugal person myself, I realize there are a few things that need to be done to keep from breaking the bank.
- The first is not to wait until the last minute to book a trip.
There are already specials for the holiday season. All that’s necessary is a small deposit and in most cases can be cancelled before the final payment is due.
- My next point is 2018.
I’m seeing great promotions. Princess Cruise Lines is offering up to a 30% per person discount, reduced rates for the 3rd and 4th guest in the same stateroom and a $100.00 per-person deposit for sailings this fall through the Spring of 2018. How about a Christmas Time cruise? Other cruise lines are promoting too! Call me for for more information.
- My 2 favorite river cruise lines are AMA Waterways and Avalon Waterways.
Both are promoting heavily for 2018. I’ve sailed on both and give both high ratings. I recommend the newer ships. For wine lovers, AMA has a number of specialty cruises featuring wine. These ships are small compared to ocean cruise lines. It’s best to book early for good cabin choices and reasonable airfares.
Here are a few more ideas.
- Apple Vacations is promoting Secrets and Dreams Resorts plus many of their other brands.
- For you train enthusiasts, Rocky Mountaineer has specials. Can you imagine the Canadian Rockies in the fall?
- Starwood Hotels is selling Hawaii with a 30% discount on certain brands that includes breakfast for 2. That’s huge.
- If you are a skier and thinking about a winter trip, the rates are best right now.
As always, I’m as close as your phone for a call or an email. My phone doesn’t text.
RD Travel Limited, Inc.
6 NE Briarcliff Road
PO Box 165414
Kansas City, MO 64116816-454-3800